We want our pupils to get the very best out of their time here at Gooseacre Primary Academy and they have an important role to play in creating a positive, respectful and safe learning environment.
It’s important that children have clear boundaries and understand what is expected of them. The school rules underpin the overall ethos the school wishes to create. Children need to understand the rules and to know that they will be praised and rewarded when the rules are adhered to. Equally if rules are broken the children need to know what sanctions will be imposed.
The school has made strong progress in improving behaviour and attitudes to learning through the consistent application of a clear, and now proven, policy that is designed to promote good behaviour. We believe that children have a right to learn and teachers have a right to teach in an environment in which everyone feels safe, secure and successful.
Through this we aim to:
- develop each individual potential to their full;
- foster self-esteem and encourage self-discipline and respect for others; and
- instil an awareness of individual responsibility in the shared school community.
Our objectives are to ensure:
- all children know and understand the school rules and procedures used for managing behaviour;
- all staff fulfil their responsibilities to establish and maintain approaches to behaviour management that are consistent throughout school;
- parents and carers are supportive of our behaviour policy, that they understand how it works and their role within it; and
- systems are in place that support the behaviour policy e.g. play leaders, buddy system, lunchtime clubs, mentors
A copy of the school behaviour and exclusion policy can be found by clicking on the links below.